Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Tagged??? Me???

I am so new to this... I have been tagged by Maggie. She says to pick up the nearest book, turn to p.123, find the fifth sentence and then write the next 3 sentences... Here it goes...


"I shall keep it, just the same," said the Witch, laughing at her, "and some day I shall get the other one from you, too."
This made Dorothy so very angry that she picked up the bucket of water that stood near and dashed it over the Witch, wetting her from head to foot.
Instantly the wicked woman gave a loud cry of fear, and then, as Dorothy looked at her in wonder, the Witch began to shrink and fall away."



Yes, it is The Wizard of Oz by L. Frank Baum. It is a 1903 copy given to me by my husband. I am a retired 3rd grade teacher and I read that book to my class every year for 25 years! The next book on my nightstand is Where the Sidewalk Ends another children's book. I miss reading aloud to my kids which is why I still work as a part time teacher with reading comprehension skills.
Now I am supposed to tag 5 people, but, please forgive me. I am just beginning to delurk and meet people, so if you stumbled over here and want to play - I tag you! I have some issues with privacy and Internet safety...be gentle with me and maybe I will come out of my shell! Thanks Maggie for asking me to play!

1 comment:

Pug Mama said...

I'm telling you - come out and play. I have met some of the most wonderful woman through my blog - woman I NOW couldn't picture my life without.
Safety first is always the SMARTEST way to go.
I never understood those who post their real names - first and LAST name, their town names, etc..... I'm just too paranoid for all that.