

The walls have a coat of primer and the fireplace surround for the tile has been constructed. We still have a few pieces of trim to strip of old paint. The ceiling has been painted and the medallion is up. Still looking for that perfect chandelier . I did find some tile on ebay and they sent a sample this week. It looks like this will work! 

I've also got a project just getting started for the porch. I have a rusty, chippy ice cream shop table and four chairs that need some sprucing up. They seem to get hit hard by the rain and have gotten a little too rusty...they've gone from Shabby Chic to Just Plain Redneck this winter. I'm making a new tablecloth and some slipcovers for the chairs. I hope this weekend we can get the construction supplies off the porch and I start to put out some plants and pillows. I also found some cheerful outdoors fabric to recover cushions on the rockers and swing. I have quite a bit of sewing to do for other people...alterations, curtains, dust ruffle, pillows, embroidery......Never enough time!!!

6 comments:
Oh, how pretty!! Keep up the good work.. and soon, you'll be sipping tea in your very own parlor!
And about your ice cream shop table and chairs, Martha put out a whole segment last spring about re-finishing them... she used a typical wire brush, etc. and then painted them with rustoleum... they looked so nice when she was done! I'm sure your set will look so cute.
Things are coming together and before long you'll be enjoying a lovely evening in your parlor. What color did you paint the ceiling? I like it and are you doing the walls the same? It will be fun to see pictures when you are finished and of your porch projects too. Linda
Hey Swampgirl!!! You are the winner of my 50,000 hits!! It's so nice to meet you. I must say Eli and Bitsey remind me of our Chichi and Tiny, our first two pugs, who passed away last year. Our Chichi was fawn colored and very intelligent and Tiny was black and very bossy!! We miss them so much. Would you e-mail me at auntsandy@bellsouth.net so I can get your address and let me know if you'd rather have the chocolate or a bag of Starbucks coffee!
Hello~ I found your blog through Ragus Pug. I just browsed though your posts and you have such a nice looking family...including your Fur-Children. Your house looks so warm and cozy. I will b e sure to pop back in for another visit.
Congrats on winning a prize from Ragus Pug and welcome to the blogging world. Stop by and visit sometime.
This room is coming along nicely. I love the medalion. DH is so talented. Can't wait to see the tile you will install around the fireplace. XXOO Lilly
Post a Comment