I LOVE old stuff. I love the history, the imperfections, the chips, the thriftiness, and the hunt. I reward myself for work with a trip to a thrift store. It renews my soul to find a treasure that needs a good home! Luckily I live within ten minutes of 6 different thrift stores so I can make a quick run for a fix whenever I need one. I also love flea markets, yard sales and estate sales. My husband...not so much. He likes the stuff I haul home or at least pretends to most of the time. But, he would rather not go with me. It works out because usually he would rather be working on his current house project. This Saturday he volunteered to go with me! I was gentle and rewarded him a chicken biscuit. We went to 4 different sales. I really enjoyed having him along with me. We didn't buy much but most everything was 1/2 price. He even found a level that he liked.

My stuff
- sweet, embroidered, vintage blouse - handmade, shell buttons, french seams
- box of tatting (for some sewing project in the future)
- box of old, Shiny Brite Christmas ornaments
- old, chipped Blue Willow dishes (maybe for mosaic project...)
- tiny Santa mug
- wooden box (no clue why I bought this other than it was 25 cents!)
- glass jar (for buttons in sewing room)
I'm really a pretty cheap date!

2 comments:
I have gone through and looked at your site. The dogs are adorable (you know that) and your home is coming together in an amazing way. It's gorgeous! Jennifer
Oh, uh uh. I can't believe Erin passed up the Santa mug, Shiny Brites and the blouse. She knows I'm collecting the little mugs. She's made fun of me. Hmmm. Maybe that's why she didn't buy it. LOL But good for you, huh? She did say she got some Christmas decorations, though. Looks like there was still some decent stuff when y'all got there.
Post a Comment