Monday, March 17, 2008

The Cat

This is what my cat does all day. And yes....those were my clean towels. Today she was quite lively. I heard her calling to me so I went to see what all the racket was about. She brought me the "gift" of a large lizard. She would screech and the lizard would take off, she would catch it again in her mouth...then repeat!! I snatched her up and took her out on the porch. She is an inside cat so she was delighted to be outside. Once again she opened her mouth and in a flash the lizard was gone. He must not have been too injured!!! Back inside she was extremely displeased with me for allowing her prey to escape! Some of the many joys of an old house are the creatures that sneak in through all of the cracks-bats, squirrels, chipmunks, mice, every insect found in the South- they have all been guests. The cat earns her keep!


Her name is Seven. She was named after a Star Trek character, Seven of Nine.





Showing off!



Seven is in need of a companion. She lost her pal last summer. He was old and cranky, but he cuddled up with her and kept her warm. This winter she has had to share space next to the heater with the Pugs. We have had our eye out for a rescue that would fit in the family.

7 comments:

Pug Mama said...

my cat (who is an outdoor cat) is always bringing me lizards, mice, etc... it is pretty nasty. I am told it is his way of showing me love.....wish he didn't love me so....

Country Cottage Chic said...

Hi! I came over from Wanda's - I've known her online for years. Your house looks lovely & kitty is so sweet all curled up on the clean towels!

Christina Weedon said...

She's gorgeous! My furry kids find nice treats in our house too... spiders and centipedes (sp?) mostly. Our little calico sleeps on our clean laundry as well... must be a cat thing. Why don't they enjoy sleeping in the DIRTY clothes basket?

Regina said...

Our last cat left us last year and I miss them so! Hubby doesn't...says his allgeries are doing great with no cat hair to breathe in. Ah well, I live vicariously though blogs I find. Came here from your sis in laws I think. Fun blog.

Regina

kristie said...

hi! popping over from ragus pug's blog. seven is a cute kitty. i bet she was proud of catching that lizard. all of my cats like to sleep on clean towels too.

claudia said...

Love your kitty pictures! your seven is so cute! Looks so familiar too, I have my own cat hair city here ! Plus 3 litters all born this week,.. do ya need another kitten???
claudia

Anonymous said...

Your cat, Seven, looks so serious in her climb up the railing. She needs a cat-mate to keep her company. Every home should have a cat or two. XXOO Lilly