Monday, March 10, 2008

Easter Projects










Last year Martha Stewart had these cuties in her magazine so I had to try them out. Carrots made of clay, wrapped in orange floss with felt leaves!










And little baskets made of pipe cleaners! They look so cute on my feather tree.



More of my paper mache eggs are on the tree and in egg cups here and there.










The paper mache eggs are an easy (but messy) project that I have done with third graders. They are plastic eggs covered with torn paper towels dipped in wallpaper paste. After drying I cover them with a layer of torn Easter napkins dipped in more wallpaper paste. The final step is spraying with spray adhesive and sprinkling with clear glitter. If you want them to hang - glue a ribbon loop on the plastic egg before the first layer of paper towels.






2 comments:

claudia said...

Such cute things love all your easter eggs and tree. These look fun to do! .. I have a tree in my house too for display with stuff hanging on it... its actually a big branch! lol. claudia

kristie said...

cute, cute, cute! i love all of these. you are very crafty!