Happy New Year! I had to take a little blogging break to clean up my house. The new project officially started yesterday and had to get Christmas packed up. I did pretty good, but we still had to put the big tree away yesterday. It was dismantled just not in the basement! Then we had to move the furniture out. Some got squeezed in other rooms - most of it went to a storage unit. Today began the demolition phase. DH knows how I hate this part so he suggested I go shopping for a while! When I left the dining room looked like this:
When I came home it looked like this:


I'm not very good at keeping New Year's resolutions so I make them pretty general. Maybe I will be more accountable if I post them!
1. Read more.
2. Declutter and organize and purge.
3.Maintain weight (within 3 pounds up or down).
4. Intercept pug mail advertisements before DH sees them. (See flag in top picture!)
For #2 -I purchased and installed a neat little gadget today in my closet. It is made to hook on doors but it was not long enough to hook on the shelf I had in mind so I borrowed the drill and went to town.

My closet needs some work. Tons of clothes that don't fit or are very old need to be purged -ignore them. DH built me this closet out of the corner of the master bedroom that was in the worst shape. At one time there was a wood burning stove in a rock landing. The stove had been removed before we bought the house leaving a hole in the roof. The day we moved in the rock wall was a waterfall! Now I call it my throne!




6 comments:
That rock wall looks a whole lot better than I'd pictured it. I love it! How cool!
TC really went to town while you were out. I actually like the demolition process. It's the cleaning up and finishing I don't like. Can't wait to see the room when it's finished.
THANK YOU SO MUCH for my secret santa gift.. it was awesome!!
Oh and I have added you to my links so I can read you... I too had never read your blog till now...
I need one of those purse hanger things. I can't wait to see what the room looks like.
I love your #4 resolution! Too funny. I cant wait to see the progress in the dining room!
I'm working on decluttering,organizing and purging too. I can't stand all the stuff I thought I had to have:). Look forward to the finished re-do...hugs, Linda
WOW !!! DH is really into it. Hope he is feeling better. Luv from Lkpt is heading South and may get to see you. Did Daughter and Hubby go home? Was sure nice that they got to be with you at Christmas. Love the Pug flag.
xxoo Lilly
Post a Comment