
I've dug through the mess in the sewing room to come up with a Valentine project. I needed some new things to hang on my Valentine tree that do not break! I started with some ready made paper
mache hearts from Hobby Lobby. They were brown but I painted it white so the brown would not show through. I got them last year after Valentine's Day -90% off. I hope I can find more this year as cheap! Use whatever paper you can find-napkins, tissue, scrapbook paper, sheet music.....and whatever trims ...lace, ribbon, buttons, flowers....

This was a napkin! I cut out the heart shape for the front and tore up the boarders for the
backand edges.

I used Mod
Podge to glue on the front. Bend the extra around the side.

Over lap torn pieces around the side and back. I tear the pieces because they don't look "planned and orderly" when they dry!

After it is all covered allow to dry. Then I put one or two more coats of Mod
Podge on it to seal it. Finally get out the glue gun and add any trims to finish it up! Other than drying time this goes pretty quickly!

Napkin, heart shaped paper
doily, ribbon and wedding favor flowers.

Tissue paper (which should look familiar to
Girlville!) , ribbon, ribbon flower

Page from an old hymnal, lace with red string
threaded through holes, covered button

Napkin and ribbon. In the background you can see that I put plaid ribbon around the edge of the other red heart. I put the dotted ribbon around this one.
8 comments:
those are great! i love so many things about this project: use of recycled products (including my tissue paper, lol), getting stuff on clearance and waiting a year to use them!). makes me want to get all crafty.
Oh, I adore the heart with the music. Great ideas! You are so creative.
I love seeing that project! You have the neatest ideas and know-how. I think my favorite is the last Valentine heart picture.
Love them all. How creative. Not surprised ! Bettcha get some flowers for "V" Day . Love from Lkpt will be here tomorrow.
xxoo Lilly
Super cool!!!!!!
Oh, these are so pretty! I'd like to try these, thanks for sharing. I see a cute pug mug...hugs, Linda
You never cease to amaze me! See if your onld hymnal has "Because He Lives" I want to make one of those. Will you help me?
Love from Lkpt is gone. Boo Hoo.
Went to the antique mall but nothing new or old. Love Grits and Glamour blog. Love the red walls. How about red walls in my dining room? Whatcha think?
Lilly xxoo
Post a Comment