Our Labor Day Party went fine, we were afraid we would get some rain from Gustav, but we haven't. The day was cloudy on and off which kept things cooler-but it was sunny enough for swimming. We ate a lot and the kids swam and played. We had hot dogs, hamburgers, pasta salad, Asian slaw, Rotel cheese dip, LA Caviar, chips, Pimento cheese dip, Key Lime Pie, and chocolate chip cookies. I didn't take many pictures -the ladies like to stay off camera when in swim suits and the kids moved to fast to catch on film!
The new projects will mostly be landscaping around the pool. I don't look forward to more sod- that's hard work. I have many sewing jobs lined up- a lot of monogramming, a new baby nursery for one of my former students and his wife, Halloween costumes and alterations (my least favorite job....)
Just a little preview of the project that will take up much of my time for the next 3 months-

The preparations for the Victorian Porch Tour begin in September each year. We like to be ready by Thanksgiving for the early December event. I got a phone call today letting me know we will begin soon. It is a BIG job! But, I enjoy it! The first workday will involve moving 100+ figures into their new work/staging place. It will be in the same building, just downstairs in a more secure and larger area, where we can repair and "fluff" them up.
Finally- I'm getting near to my 100th post and I am planning a Giveaway! I'll give you more details soon!

5 comments:
OMG Christmas stuff already!! Glad yall had fun at the party. I can't believe yall didn't any rain, it poured here.
What a neat event! I wish we had something like that at Christmas. It sounds so charming.
The food at your party sounds so good. I'm so hungry right now. I think I should stop blogging and eat...
Sounds like your party was a success. Pool looks so pretty. Glad the storm didn't hit you. Can you get some of your kids to help with the sod?
xxoo Lilly
Cool! I'll have to check that out - I didn't even know that existed when I was here last christmas (my first in Opeika!)
Lynn! I'm trying to catch on on reading blogs. It's been so long since I've had the time to take to sit down and read - or write much for that matter.
Y'all got a pool!! Does "she" know about that? It hasn't been mentioned to me. You'll love it, leaves and all, especially if Tommy does most of the work. LOL
I've moved my blog to http://www.shopjustvintage.com/blog It still doesn't look super-duper, but it's all still a work in progress. As time permits. Sigh.
Wanda
Post a Comment