Saturday, August 30, 2008

Busy Week

I don't know where this week went. Of course, every spare moment has been spent around the pool! Swimming, eating, picking up leaves (that is going to get old!) and of course dreaming up more projects! I went back to work Monday- part time- helping with the 3rd grade violin program. Our school system provides 9 weeks of introductory violin lessons for every 3rd grade student. Back when I was teaching I asked if I could come with my class and take lessons. I was so impressed with how well my kids picked it up. I was not as good, but I am not musically inclined. I did learn to play "Mary Had a Little Lamb"! After I retired the assistant job came open and since I had experience in 3rd grade and had "graduated" from the class - I was asked to help out. I really like it! What makes me good at it is- I don't really hear music notes so the bad notes don't bother me like a real musician! After time however I have started to hear the bad notes, and believe me ....there are many!!!



We are also getting ready for a Labor Day Pool Opening Party! When youngest son was born several of my teacher friends formed a playgroup with our babies. We were already friends and our children were all born within 2 years. The Dads noticed how much fun we seemed to have and asked to be included. They had never met each other but formed an instant bond. Then older and younger siblings also became involved. So we went from 4 Moms and 4 babies to a party of 20-25. We have all grown in different ways and now have very different schedules and new jobs, but we really love when the planets line up and we can get together! Most of us will be here for Labor Day! In preparing for the party today DH had a little tool slip that ended up with an ER trip and 6 stitches. He was mad because it took an hour and 26 minutes out of his yard work! It was the fastest ER trip we've ever had though! Here is a picture of the cement slab he was building when the accident happened- so you can see he came home and finished it!

And here are a few more shots of the pool area with furniture.














Finally- Lulu and Seven have formed an alliance- not love yet -but at least acceptance!

4 comments:

roseroomnz.com said...

Fabulous pool,sorry about DH's accident, cute kitties:) Rachael

Anonymous said...

Love it all, especially Seven and LuLu. Sorry that DH had his work interrupted. Have a great Labor Day party with your "Great Bunch of Friends". Love them all. Say a special "Hi" to MA,R,C and Lil' R. Off to Church. Cheers
XXOOLilly

Magnolia Sun said...

It looks so nice and the pool looks really big. Enjoy your pool with friends.

Sandy said...

Your pool is so pretty. I L-O-V-E that fence around it.