Thursday, August 14, 2008

Cement Truck Came Today!

There was a lot of progress today. By lunch they had finished the form. After lunch the electricians ran their lines out to the filter area and the base for the equipment was framed. Then the cement truck arrived. Cement was dumped around the base of the pool and in the base for the pump. They finished laying out the PVC pipes in place to connect tomorrow. It has really been amazing to watch the men work. A father and son team really have done the majority of the heavy work. The son drives the backhoe. He is only 22 but, he has 8 years of experience. His father said that he has a natural talent to work the backhoe that cannot be taught. Then he moved the cement while his Dad spread it out. He ran pushing a full wheelbarrow of cement, dumped it , ran back and repeated that for 45 minutes without stopping! The pool contractor told us that the 2 of them do the work of 5 men. I believe it!!



We have had many friends stop by to admire the mess. It is so shocking! I'm looking forward to the before and after pictures, because it is hard to believe this will ever look "normal"!!


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a difference a day makes. It looks huge. Post the finished dimensions. Is the drain for the pool in? What fun for you to watch and document. May I swim in your pool? The gourds in $ tree were not a white like yours. They were sort of yellowish cream so I did not get them. They had 2 bags left. Must be popular.

XXOO Lilly

Twisted Lisa said...

WOW! I thought I had a mess!!!!!!! I wish we could have done an inground too but we have a LOT of rock around here...too costly to do.

Joannah said...

I don't think I've ever seen a pool being built before! My parents have had one my whole life, but I never really thought about how it got there. LOL! I'm looking forward to seeing it all come together.

AM said...

wow, it seems to be happening so quick!

Maggie said...

can I come over to swim?

Nevis said...

Very cool! :) Will it eventually be an above ground pool or will they build up ground around the edges?

GirlyFruFru said...

love your projects !! I'll definately be back for more inspiration..

Nevis said...

Can't wait until it's done. You're going to have a pug meet up at your place when you're done, right? Have our own pug swim-meet? *laughing* Just kidding!