Friday, September 19, 2008

Fall Decorations - Part 1

This year my Fall decorating will be limited by a certain "little bitty evil kitty" !!! I have forgotten how much mischief a kitten can get into. There have been many crashes around the house - so no glass ornaments this Halloween! I can live with it for a year, but I will be a lot more upset about it at Christmas. Maybe she will calm down by then!


In the parlor I decided to be minimal (for Me) and limit the decoration to a "crow tree" and a few pumpkins on the mantle. Lulu is not interested in the mantle, but she is wild about the crow tree. It will not last long. I saw this on another blog (wish I could remember where) - I had the crows, painted the branches and a thrift store urn black and used some floral foam to anchor them.
The mirror came out of a neighbor's trash pile.


Here she is after taking down the tree. There are pieces of branches on the floor. She is hiding - waiting to plan the next attack.


These are close-ups of the pumpkin people in the kitchen. They are paper mache so they can stand up to kitten attacks. She has not discovered the feathers on their hats yet! I made them several years ago. They used to sit on the Parlor mantle.....change is good. They are made from candle sticks gathered from thrift stores, Styrofoam balls, cheesecloth and scraps of trims! I made similar snowmen for Christmas.



Please remember to leave a comment to be included in my 100th post Giveaway! We will pick the winner tomorrow night!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

MY COMMENT IS NOT INTENDED TO ENTER THE GIVE-A-WAY BUT TO SAY HOW MUCH I LOVE THE CROW TREE. ALSO THE LITTLE FACE LOOKING SO FORLORN BECAUSE SHE GOT CAUGHT. SHE DIDN'T MEAN TO DO DAMAGE, SHE WAS JUST CURIOUS. LOVE TO LOOK AT YOUR BLOG AND READ ABOUT ALL OF YOUR ACTIVITIES.
XXOO LILLY

kristie said...

i really like the crow tree. i had already been planning something like that for this year but now i am wondering if even my older kitties will 'attack' it?? your pumpkin people are very cute. you could SO sell them - i would be a ton ;-)

GirlyFruFru said...

That crow tree is cool !! Im excited to drag all my decorations out of the attic !!

Anonymous said...

Love you site sis!

Joannah said...

I love your decorations! That's just how I would decorate my house this time of year.

Anonymous said...

Well, foot! I missed the giveaway! But I gotta say, those pumpkin people are the cutest things! You really are talented. I like that crow tree, too. I've not got a thing out for Halloween, yet. Guess I need to get on the (broom) stick.

You've been tagged. Come on over to the blog to see what's next.

Wanda
http://www.shopjustvintage.com/blog

Maggie said...

your decorations are so cute!

Magnolia Sun said...

I love all your stuff.

Nevis said...

Love the pumpkins!