Friday, September 26, 2008

Fall Decorations III

This is still in my front hallway. First 2 more paper mache people-



Both of them were formed with a bunch of aluminum foil and covered with paper towels dipped in wallpaper paste. The pumpkin shapes were those little plastic pumpkin candy baskets covered with paper towels/paste. The cat is draped in cheesecloth and wallpaper paste and she has a curled coat hanger neck. To weigh them down I pour a little plaster of paris in the base. Then paint, antique glaze and add ribbon.

Black Cat collection ...just got the Anna Lee this year...Lulu hates it!

Tassells made from the wooden ends of curtain rods (can be found unfinished at Lowe's) and fabric scraps wound around empty thread spools. The spools are hot glued to the wooden thingy!



On the table under the stairs I have a paper mache pumpkin guy that I didn't make -he came from Goodwill! The ceramic pumpkins came from Dollar Tree and the box is decoupaged with scrapbook paper.


Just a gathering of things ....toys...for little fingers...or paws!

I have been up in the attic today and I can't seem to find a box of porch decorations! Looks like I need to get my attic under control - What a mess! I guess that will be a weekend goal !


2 comments:

Nevis said...

Cool!

Hey, are you going to the Opelika Howl'oween Dog parade?

Anonymous said...

I see you have a cloche. Oh my, I got you one at Homegoods. Love all the decorations. Must get mine out. Love that big cat. Too much rain to go to Goodwill and Salvation Army. Lilly says "Hi" to LuLu. Dear Daisy Kim has an article in the latest Romantic Country. She is a great writer.
XXOO Lilly :)