I started out making it post card size but it was too big for my little tree so I shrunk things up to fit a small jewelry box.Start out by gathering your supplies:
I printed off some vintage Valentines to fit the little boxes. I found the Valentines here and here. The flocked scrapbook paper came from Hobby Lobby on the clearance aisle ($.71)!! Little boxes are from Dollar Tree. Lace, ribbon, glitter, buttons, flowers and craft glue were from my stash!I probably have $.50 invested in each one and I have supplies to make more. I just ran out of boxes!









6 comments:
I really love this idea. I will have to keep this in mind come this Christmas!
super cute!
How lovely these are!!! I bet you had fun creating them.
We should have a craft day!
Rhonda
Those are adorable! I think I'm going to try making one of those soon!
Thanks so much for your comment on my last blog post about our impending move! I have a friend whose husband was stationed in Anchorage too and she said that the only hard part for her was when he was deployed for 15 months and she had to do all of the shoveling herself!
I'm still torn about being so far from home, but considering all of the bases on our list are out west, with the exception of a base in MA, I should probably get used to the idea that I'm going to be far from SC! And, like I said, it's not like I see my family much anyhow so I can't really base our decision on that!!
Of course, there's always a chance that while he's working at the Pentagon, he'll get offered another job which would keep him here in the area so all of this talk about AK could become a moot point! haha
Hope you had a great weekend!!
so cute!
Hello again! The same week I posted my last comment about wanting to try this project, I was lucky enough to find bags of small boxes at one of the local thrifts!! These boxes are bigger - about 5 x 7 - which I've found to be the perfect size for vintage greeting cards!! I bought 4 bags (8 boxes per bag!) which worked out to a cost of about 15 cents a box!
I have been hoarding vintage greeting cards for years and now I finally have a great way to display some of them!! I'll post pictures as soon as I actually get around to doing this project!
Post a Comment