
I've missed Thrifty Thursday at
Bloggeritaville for a long time....in fact, I've missed
thrifting at all. The mess in my attic has put the brakes on my need to add more clutter to my house! But I've gotten so many ideas from blog reading that I had to get back in the stores. Last week I went to Angel's with my
junkin' partner in crime. I saw this pile of little milk glass dishes with my name on it.

Don't tell anyone- but I think these were supposed to be ash trays- yuck! They did not appear to have been used and I put them through the dishwasher. I've seen some really cute cupcake stands made from butter pat dishes or toy china plates. I've collected 4 or 5 ....but here were 9.....and they were the perfect size and cheap($2.99 for all of them)! So the next day I was off to Harvest Thrift to find candle sticks to give them some height.

I gathered this collection of old brass candle sticks ($.50-$1.00 each) and waited for a nice day to get out the white spray paint.

I glued the dishes on with
Loc-
tite glue. If is does not hold I'll try Gorilla Glue. So far it has held-

I'm going to make Red Velvet cupcakes for Valentine's Day. In the meantime , my fake cupcakes will have to do!


Don't forget to go by
Leigh's place to see more "Thrifty Thursday" ideas!
10 comments:
Girrrrl!
That tablescape is ADORABLE!!!! ANd the cupcake stands make it. How ingenious! LOve it! Once again, you are so clever!
And I have missed you friend. I know you know, as long as wrestling is going...things are nuts. We have til Feb 20 (state at Hoover). WE will not do extended season this year. How is it going for y'all?
I am sooo happy to have you this week!
Thanks for linking up to Thrifty Thursday this week!
Leigh
Tales from Bloggeritaville
www.lbratina.blogspot.com
Very cute on the cupcake pedestal! I've posted a link. Thanks for sharing!
SO FLIPPING CUTE!!! you have the bestest ideas every. can i come live at your house?
so cute....I have one of those ashtrays....errr dishes, and I might do the same with it!
oh, those heart shaped plates are the cutest!
Those are the cutest little cupcake holders...how creative you are! Love your tablescape, too.
I HAD to come on over because of your great blog name: SWAMPGIRL, I LOVE IT! But this idea is just the best I've seen in awhile..those are the cutest, adorablest little stands ever (Darn, Just when I vowed No More Junk!) My garage is full!
If you love milk glass, you're a girl after my own heart! I love what you did with them. So clever!
What a clever idea. They really look great. I love the fake cupcake. Love the heart shaped castle plate. Haven't seen another one of those. I have one of those plates in the basement. I used mine for a soap dish. Will keep it for you. xxoo lilly
What an adorable idea! I'm going to have to find some of those & make myself some cupcake stands!
My family down in SC tells me that they're about to drown with all of the rain they've had the last few months! I won't complain (too much!) about the snow because at least snow is pretty to look at! Rain? Not so much!! Besides, I don't think I could ever move back south - that heat & humidity almost kill me when I go back home to visit!! Watch us get orders for somewhere like Florida or Alabama! Ack! I hope not!!
Lori
Post a Comment