I got some paper mache snowmen out today in anticipation of snow! We have a 70% chance of snow tonight! It has been really cold for Alabama this week, but the skies have been blue. Today the clouds moved in! My house looked so empty after I took down the Christmas decorations. After reading how Kristie left out her "Snowy" decorations up, I decided to pack my snowmen in a different box so I could use them in January.
I didn't even have these guys out this Christmas- so I enjoyed seeing their silly faces! I made them several years ago. I made the heads from styrofoam balls and paper mache. The hats are made from silver mesh fabric dipped in wallpaper glue and draped over plastic lids (from spray paint). Then I added more silver ribbon to stiffen them up. They have collars made of white fringe and I collected thrift store silver candle sticks to perch them on.
More thrift store balls are in the cloche. This will cheer me up until I can put out some Valentine goodies!





5 comments:
I am LOVING your little snowmen. Did you make them?
That fountain looks like it might not defrost til spring!
Cute snowmen....reminds me of Mamie Jane's snowmen she made this past fall! I copied her idea...but your faces are so unique!
I love the fountain. Ours is solid as a rock too!!
So far, nothing but sleet here at the lake..we'll see what happens tonight!
Got a fire in the fireplace and a big pot of Brunswick stew to warm us up tonight!!
Stay warm!
Rhonda
those snowmen are too cute! Will you be making anymore for your etsy shop?
Is that the same room I stayed in? You'll get it done. You are off to a great start. Good idea to weed out. Love my Snowman. He has so much personality.
xxoo Lilly
Post a Comment