The Good - The first dining room cabinet is coming along! I can't wait to paint it and put my dishes away! The hinges are
back ordered so DH will start working on #2!

The Bad - Just look at that floor... and it is not contained to the dining room! There is dust all over my house......

The Ugly- I made this nativity scene for my babies almost 30 years ago. They played with it every Christmas. It survived 5 children, cats, dogs....but it did not survive the attic. It was in a plastic tub full of decorations. Nothing else was disturbed!!! They "had" beans in them to weigh them down so they didn't tip over. They no longer have beans in them! Some creature has chewed through each one and eaten the 30 year old beans! Also missing are the camel ears, Baby Jesus' face and one of Mary"s hands. I think I still have the pattern....I will remake them when/if I have a Grandchild to play with them.... I was so sad to throw them away!

4 comments:
ohhhh, that set is just darling.
Something ate good - BEANS!
That little nativity is so cute. I had a gingerbread house ornament that was real and had it in a plastic containter. The next year the whole thing was gone! Nothing left but he ribbon it was hanging on. Looked like it evaporated into the air. That dust looks like a lot of work...but going to be so worth it when it's all done.
what a cute nativity set. I bet some creature has quite the belly ache after all those beans.
I have had things to be eaten but I think the beans contained eggs that eventually became bugs and had to eat to survive. I have had "small creatures" in my uncooked pasta, haven't you. What do think about that? A possibility ?
xxoo lilly
Post a Comment