Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Thrifty Thursday

Happy New Year! The last month of 2009 was not very "thrifty" for me!! I was just too busy to spend the time to watch for sales and use coupons! So, in the spirit of New Year's Resolutions, I am determined to get my coupons organized and return to my frugal ways. I made a good start this week with a sale at Winn-Dixie! I needed dishwasher soap, my stockpile was gone. I try not to get this low on staples because then you have to pay the price! So buy 5 P&G items get $5 off came in handy! Normal price for 2 large Cascade = $11 with the sales and some good coupons.....I got all of these P&G items for $11!!! A savings of about $18!
My shopping trip ended up being $28 but I saved $52!!!

We still have a lot of food in the pantry and freezer that I need to use up so I am going to try to plan meals with what we have on hand as much as possible for the month of January! If I can save money at the grocery store then I have more to play with at the thrift stores!
Don't forget to go by Leigh's place to see other 2010 Thrifty Goodness!

5 comments:

Dawn said...

I need to take you along to the grocery store with me! I always forget my coupons... and my list come to think of it. No wonder I spend to much there!
Great thrify shopping!
Dawn

Kristin - The Goat said...

What a great bunch of bargain shopping you did. Bravo. I've been trying to eat from our freezer stash quite a bit the past month as it's quite full. It sure does help the budget to do that.

You aren't the only person I've met who has ever gone to IKEA :) I don't get to go to often, in fact it's been about a year and a half since my last visit. Put it on your list for a whole day adventure. It's fun.

Tracy said...

Major score my friend! I do use coupons, but I don't think I've ever saved more than $25-30. I'll be back to learn more. Happy New Year!

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

AMAZING! And I wrote down what you got so I could try and sacore the same deals. Hope the sale is still on! Thanks, friend, for linking up to Thrifty Thursday on Tales from Bloggeritaville!
Leigh
Tales from Bloggeritaville
www.lbratina.blogspot.com

Diann @ The thrifty Groove said...

Doesn't it feel great to get such awesome pantry deals!