Sunday, December 27, 2009

Random Christmas Recap

It was a Puggy Christmas at the Swamp! Pug pillows,statues,ornaments, necklaces and a Webkinz! After the excitement of the wedding, we had a quiet and calm Christmas! Christmas Eve service at church, sausage balls for breakfast, Santa came, lunch at Nana's and "It's a Wonderful Life"!


Porch Tour ended up with a soggy, rainy mess - there will be lots of repairs this year! This deer and the remains of its brother are on the surgery table with fans drying them out!

My wedding bouquet continued to grow after the wedding!!
My camera met with a unfortunate accident (my fault!) so my pictures are now from my phone until the lens can be repaired or replaced!
I got a surprise box of goodies from Leigh of Bloggeritaville! Funny how well a person can get to know what you love over the Internet!! A "burlapy" tag....A Victorian Santa....
A gingerbread plate for my Christmas table.....

A vintage Santa light cover....

And my boy, Eli, on an ornament....

Thank you so much Leigh- I was a squealing kid opening up everything!
I also got a mystery gift on Christmas Day....some hand knit socks were on my porch!
I can not think of any of my friends that knit! I have tried twice in the last few years to knit socks and have failed both times! I hope that I can figure out who can teach me how to do this!!!! It could be on my New Year's Resolution List!!

5 comments:

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

Glad you got the package! Thankyou for being such a sweet friend to me "Swampgirl"!! I saw that pug and thought of you. And the Sanat-good idea! I didnt know what to do with them. I have tons, just through it in the box for "effect". Merry Christmas!

Gerry said...

Love the socks. I know when you fell out of the Limo and your camera went flying, that could not be good. You missed that tiny step in the Limo doorway. Happy New Year to you and your family. You have a fantastic group of friends. Love them all and especially you.
xxoo Lilly's mom

Wanda said...

Burlap is my new favorite fabric, so I'm loving the burlapy tag.

It was great seeing y'all and thank you so much for the bag o' junk! You know I love it.

Oh, and watch your mail box.

AM said...

A mystery gift! That is exciting! If you ever find out who they came from let us know!

I love all that stuff Bloggeritaville sent you! She does know you welL!

kristie said...

those socks are great! i too would like to learn to knit socks. if i lived there or you lived here we could go take a knitting class together! you house always looks so festive during any holiday.