Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Times Flies...

so quickly when you are having fun!!!!! Where has January gone? The newlyweds have their 1 month anniversary today!In honor of that I decided it was time to get rid of the last of the beautiful wedding flowers! I kept pulling out the drooping blooms and they lasted a whole month!
The dining room is coming along. The final piece of tile came in the mail. I ordered them in the fall but, counted wrong and had to order just one more. These are some of the accent tiles we are using to tie the future wall color with the original tile that was in the fireplace. I keep moving the tiles around and trying different patterns. Decisions!
The first corner cabinet now has a drawer. The lights and plugs are in place. The bead board in the back and the shelf trim are going up.

And I've been looking around for some Valentine craftiness. I found these shoes in some of the old Christmas decor. They came from the Dollar Tree years ago. About the same time a catalog from Victorian Papers came. In it there were shoes covered in sheet music and decorated for Valentine's Day!

So out came the Mod Podge and an old hymnal....

Then some ribbon scraps and some millinery flowers.....

I'm also trying some shadow boxes with vintage Valentines and Dollar Tree jewelry boxes. An artist friend made some at Christmas that were really cute....mine...so far.....not so much...just need time to play with them a little more!

6 comments:

Wanda @ Just Vintage said...

OH! Oh! I LOVE the tiles!! That is going to be perfect!

I'm envious of your crafty time. The shoe is cute as it can be.

We figured you'd been one of the first in line at that sale. Sorry you missed it. I think. Really sorry you've been sick, though. I've been listing the stack of books on eBay yesterday and today. There's only a couple of odd ones left. I think I'll wait until Erin is ready to list her part of the patterns and list mine at the same time so we can send people to each others' auction. Work, work, work. That's why I no crafty time.

And no cleaning time. Guess who popped in the other day. At the worst possible time as far as how the house looked. Sigh.

kristie said...

you are SO darn crafty! i have some vintage valentines...hmmm...maybe i'll make something with them...

Gerry said...

That shoe is so clever. Love it. I also love the corner cabinet. DH is doing a fine job. I read "Just Vintage's" comment.
Sorry about that.

xxoo Lilly

Patti @ Pandoras Box said...

Love the tiles...this is fun watching the room take shape - love the corner cupboard!!

Charlene said...

Love the shoe--what a cute and crafty idea!

Gerry said...

Did you get your tassel?
Lillyxxoo