I showed you my Mother's Day baby that we bought at an estate sale -1/2 price. She was broken and dirty and just sad. I could not get her out of my mind. I hoped someone else would buy her. The next week she was discounted- still no one took her home finally I went back with DH and he bought her.
So this week I worked on her and she looks much better. First she got a bath.

Then a diaper, undershirt and booties.
I made a dress from a tea towel.


And a hat...

MUCH BETTER!!

I've named her Lorraine (after her owner, my Sunday school teacher)!
9 comments:
Lorraine is just adorable...I'm happy she has found a loving home...hugs, Linda
Lorraine was there for your baby, now you are there for hers. How happy she must be. Your new baby looks sooo nice. Love the dress, hat and booties.
Will ship Rooster plate tomorrow.
xxoo Lilly
Oh My Goodness!!! That doll is simply stunning now. And how did you THINK to make a dress from a tea towel, and THAT is one beautiful tea towel!!!
I understand completely. Dolls are known to cry out to me from a fete or garage sale - they just have to come home, and have a bath and get a new dress. Watch out though - they breed and soon take over your display areas....
Such an improvement, she looks happy now.
Lorraine looks fabulous!
That is SO so sweet. I love that she has found a new home. I understand that you couldnt forget about her!
She's a beauty! :o) Sue
Ohmygosh!! Her restoration is stunning. I understand, sometimes when I'm digging around at various places--junk stores etc., I'll heart psst.."over here, could you please take me home with you?" And of course I do.
Post a Comment