Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day Weekend

We spent the weekend outside for the most part. DH said no yard sales this week, then he did end up going back with me to one estate sale. His plan for Mother's Day went wrong (I still do not know what he is up to) so he took me out to a new junk store to pick out a treasure. It was a really neat store and next time I go I'll take the camera. But the prices were high and I was distracted by some things I left behind at the estate sale I went to Saturday morning. I asked him if we could go back and get the stuff I wanted...if it was still there! He is a good sport and so back we went. I had seen this poor, broken doll...1/2 price...and some ironstone dishes.
The doll's arm was off so I fixed it and I'll make her some clothes. And the dishes..9 of them...Johnson Brothers ironstone...just..could..not...leave...them..behind.....
Sunday brought visits from the boys, more presents, swimming, and teaching little brother to walk on a slack line


While DH worked on his current outside project....a cover for the pool pump!

Happy Mother's Day!!!

3 comments:

Nevis said...

Can't wait to see how he covers the pump! :) Happy Mother's Day!

Anonymous said...

Love the Johnson Bros. plates. Glad your boys came for Mother's Day. I took S and N to the airport for their trip to Disney World. Then I went to Farmer's Market and then shopping with a gal friend. Out to eat at Capt. Tom's and I am tired today. Slept in today but now am enjoying the wonderful Pump House DH is building. He is a marvel.
Hugs, Lilly

Nevis said...

Hey....do you have any suggestions for me? I planted some hydrangias in pots in my yard and they're SO wilty!!! Help!