Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Thrifty Thursday

Thrifty Thursday is a weekly party hosted by Leigh of Bloggeritaville. What could be more thrifty than free...or roadkill! When my artist neighbor moved away I inherited many of the things that would not fit the style or space of her new home! Then last week the new neighbors put this out to the curb.....


It's a table made from an old window that she left behind on her deck. I haven't cleaned it up...I kind of like the mossy, moldy look!








Today they threw out some old porch spindles....future candle sticks???? and a rusty hanging wire cage looking thing. I kept the spindles but passed the wire thingy off to a thrifty friend!


11 comments:

Denise said...

Ooh, nothing is more thrifty, than something free! Love it!

XXDenise

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

Get! Out! FREEEEE!
It's adorable! SCORE!!
Thanks so much for participating in Bloggeritaville Thrifty Thursday!

Christina said...

Oh my goodness. What a great window pane table. And free too---the best kind of deal.

Carrie said...

Free is great and I would enjoy having a table like that.

Mrs. Petrie said...

Send that table on over to NM and I'll let it dry out in yard. ;)

Random Musings said...

oohhhh good finds!!

j said...

I love FREE! The table is gorgeous. I would have left it mossy for now too. You can paint it later if you want and get a brand new look!

Dawn said...

Ooh! I love your table!!! I have a slight obsession with old windows and I think I'm going to have to try this with some windows that I have in my stash!!!

Hugs from Eventually Cottage!

lucky to be me said...

It looks great on your porch. You should set it for a Summer tablescape! :)

Nevis said...

That table is AWESOME!

Btw, I've been watering my hydrangias WAY more than I was before, like, a lot more than I thought they'd possibly need...and they're totally perking up. Thanks for the tips! Aparently they were just THIRSTY!

Linda said...

Your new found window table is so cool. I love it! I have some old windows and I think hubby can make one of these cuties for me...hugs, Linda