Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Thrifty Thursday

Thrifty Thursday is hosted by Leigh at Tales from Bloggeritaville. Stop by to see some great thrifty finds! This is the second time I've joined in.









Something in the Universe has shifted! For 2 weekends my DH has gotten up at the crack of dawn to go yard sailing with me.....and he is hooked!! He found that there are tools and "man things" out there to be had! And the challenge of the hunt has intrigued him!!! He even programmed the GPS Friday night!


Last week he found post hole diggers, a spittoon, a level and a garden claw...






This week he found a rake and I found a plant stand....
Then I got an ironstone pitcher and an attache case at the estate sale of my Sunday school teacher in grad school (that was a little sad for me- I could not stay long-but I wanted to give one of her treasures a home)
And some napkins, a milk glass plate, and some glass canisters at a friend's sale



Finally some food umbrellas, a pottery thing and a Godfather's Pizza carafe (a piece of his past-which he has already taken to work) at a neighborhood sale


Price of Items = @$20

Time spent with Hubby = Priceless

13 comments:

Christina said...

Absolutely fun to get your hubby to go to yard sales with you. Great deals too. Love the ironstone pitcher.

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

Wow! You got some great deals. Metal Outdoor furniture is hot and your plant stand has alot of character.
Tools are also big! They go fast! What a great way to lure your man to go with you! I think that is great. I wish my husband was a handy man and enjoyed tools.....
LOve the milkgrass and the Oplika pot. WE have a city neear my home named that so I think it is especially intersting!

Christina Weedon said...

Hey! I have a cute little covered pedestal bowl that matches your milk glass plate... fun! The frilly edges are just the same. They're pretty, aren't they?

Valerie said...

Your finds are wonderful! How great to get hubby to go along with you!

Blessings to you from the Heartland,
Valerie

Kristin - The Goat said...

My husband and I used to go to auctions together and he always found more treasures lol You all got quite a deal - all those treasures for $20 - Great job! I'm glad your DH has enjoyed spending that time with you, it is priceless.

Denise said...

How fun! My husband usually works saturday mornings. I would for him to go with me(drive me!!).

XXDenise

Unknown said...

Those are some great finds.

Thrifting with your hubby-- wonderful! My hubby does thrift stores with me.... we have fun.

Chandy said...

Great way to spend time with your hubby! I'd love to find yard sales here. I think I'll start looking. LOL

Susie Q said...

Trust a hubby to find a spittoon! I wish hubby would go with me...if I can find estate sales, then he probably would for the tools. He's a cabinetmaker and actually prefers the older hand tools...better quality...we won't use the word he usually describes newer stuff with ;D

Nevis said...

LOVE the "Opelika" jar!

Magnolia Sun said...

Wow you really know how to find some great stuff and so cheap.

Anonymous said...

I have the John Adams ironstone pitcher. Love the Opelika crock. DH did very well. DH, Thanks for the lovely flowers. Was that estate sale down the street from you? If so, that was sad!

xxoo Lilly

Anonymous said...

Was that Lorraine's estate sale?
Sad for you I am sure. Lil