
Three words that sum up my week- saving,sewing and
Santas (throw in some swimming, too)! Starting with some good savings at my favorite stores -
CVS and
Walgreens. Total spent =$24.66 and money back in receipt rewards to spend next week = $19.99. So for $4.67 I got $ 87.81 worth of stuff. Not everything is pictured - I got a few clearance items that I forgot to put in the picture -flags and patriotic banners for next year- 90% off! The magazine and tissue were freebies that came in the mail !

Sewing- I spent most of my sewing time on this Alice in Wonderland costume and a few more outfits for football season like I made last week! No
Etsy shop in my future right now- maybe after Christmas. It is something I have considered but when I sewed for a local store that made custom kids clothes I was overwhelmed! I like people to come up with the idea and then I make it for them- one or two of a kind - not mass production! So Maggie and Christina- if you have a design in mind let me know!

And Santa - we started on the Porch Tour this week. Our displays have been in exile. They now have a home. The Rec Center and city cleaned up and painted this storage space and work space for us. They also installed new secure garage doors. We had help from some local civic clubs and in an hour and a half this empty hall and the two rooms were filled with our refugees!

The large white ghostly figure on the left -behind the little angels is my beloved Santa - he is wrapped in a sheet. Many of them have names and stories -the girl in the red cape used to be called Red Riding Hood. About 5 years ago she was kidnapped on the day we were taking them down and packing them up. A few days later she was spotted about 25 miles away in a trailer park. A rescue mission was launched (the police and a couple neighbors) and she came home. She is now called "Amazing Grace" she once was lost, but now is found!! I cleaned her up and combed her hair and she was good to go the next Christmas- but we keep a chain on her!

This is the repair area- in the back you can see Peggy Sue and the Woodsman. Both of them lost arms in the move. The Woodman stands in our backyard and Peggy Sue is across the street. We had several
casualties last year. Many have clay faces that crack (especially when they fall off moving trucks!) and the
mannequins tend to lose body parts that are not secured well. Then we also have to touch up faded clothes and fluff up bows and flowers.

Poor Santa - he looks like a hostage! Never fear - he'll look great the 2nd weekend in December!
The next post will be 100! I'll announce my Celebration Giveaway!!
8 comments:
You're getting me in the spirit for the holiday season to come!
So nice to have such a great storage space for your porch tour people. Nice place to work. Your thrifting is fantastic. Wish I could get the hang of it but I don't need a lot of that stuff. Nice for a growing family, though. Hope the storms did not get to your area. Also hope Jan and family made out OK.
xxoo Lilly
Hmm... I wonder just how many of my Christmas decorations will fit in the gapartment?? Siiigh...
I'll just have to live vicariously through your photos--which I know will be WONDERFUL!!
I've been looking a magazines with Christmas stuff and now after looking at your pictures I'm ready for Christmas - I just hope you are situated by then.
OMG, Please release Santa...I am following him on Twitter!
Fabulous! I'm sure it'll all look great once it's up. I'll definatly come out and come to the christmas celebration in Opelika!
OH my goodness..what a collection! I can't wait to see what this all looks like once it's all set up. I love the Alice in Wonderland dress.
Santa is REALLY scary looking!
Post a Comment