Sunday, May 11, 2008

Show and Tell Sunday -Mother's Day

I know that I inherited my love of all things vintage from my mother. I grew up with antiques and sewing and creativity. I took it for granted when I was younger, but after moving into this old house, it really took hold of me. This year for Mother's Day I gathered some fun stuff and filled a box with goodies. If the mail is slow Mom may read about her gift before she gets to open it!




I was born in England. Dad was in the Air Force, stationed in England. The Queen's coronation was the year before I was born so when I saw this little dish at Angel's I knew it had to go in the box. The tag has a vintage broach, also from Angel's, with Mother printed on the Mother of Pearl. The lace on the tag came from the last box Mom sent me!
I saw this little 1/2 doll and knew she would be a great pincushion. I made a skirt for her and attached it to cover the pincushion. Some baker's twine. old buttons, tags shaped like cats, a sweet old handkerchief, some vintage birthday candle holders and some dried flowers from my daughter's wedding filled up the box.
I also bought an old school music book from the 40's and used the pages from "Would You Like to Swing on a Star?" to decoupage the box. I hope Mom has as much fun with her box as I did!!



Seven tried her best to fit in the box - just not enough room!!! Once again thank you to Cheri and Analise for hosting Show and Tell Sundays!




8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I KNOW YOUR MOTHER IS SOOOOO THRILLED WITH HER BOX OF GOODIES. EVERYTHING SHE LOVES. SHE LOVES VIGNETTES AND THIS RIGHT UP HER ALLEY.
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO SWAMPGIRL !!!

XXOOLILLY

Karen ~ Cider Antiques said...

You mom will be thrilled. What a beautiful present and adorable cat. Happy Mother's Day !

Karen at ciderantiques

Rebecca said...

I am sure your Mom will enjoy her Mother's Day goodies.

Happy Mother's Day!
Hugs and Blessings,
Rebecca

Magnolia Sun said...

Everything is so beautiful. Happy Mother's day.

Anonymous said...

what a great box of goodies! and i think our cats are twins ... so sweet!

Nancy said...

Hope your Mom got her box in time but just the memories were a great gift.
Happy Mother's Day. Nancy

Did the kitty get mailed??!

kristie said...

that's a lovely box of goodies for your mom. perhaps the cat wanted to be mailed to her as well? mine are forever jumping in and out of boxes.

Nevis said...

Ha! Looks like you've got an entry for PUG BOWL!