Sunday, May 4, 2008

Welcome to Angel's

Today I spent 2 hours at Angel's shopping and taking pictures and I did not even go down every aisle. That's how big it is! There are over 450 booths which means there is something for everyone. It is located one block from Alabama I-85 on exit 62. The building was once a Wal-Mart. I have never left Angel's empty handed. I can always find a treasure and plenty of inspiration. Many of the booths have sale signs and the merchandise is updated frequently. Although I don't have a problem going to a junk store that has some cleanliness issues and have been known to go to some that have no heat or air conditioning-

Angel's is one of the nice ones! I like things cluttered enough to be interesting, but orderly enough to be able to see things! Come take a look with me.....
This booth looks crowded in my picture, but it is one of my favorites! I always find something to use in a craft project here-buttons, trims....


But, if you need a more organized view there are many display cases that are up in the front of the store. Each booth has it's own personality - from pricey antiques to shabby chic to 50's Retro to Flea Market.











I took this picture for inspiration. Maybe I will do this with all of our paintbrushes when we finish the house.....and that will be......let's see.......NEVER!! It would look cute hanging in the garden room in the meantime.


For those of you that love vintage linens, there are plenty of booths to check out.




These chairs would look great in my house. Love the wheels on them!




I don't know where I'd put this but I could find room somewhere. Yes, that's me and my camera in the mirror,


I could make place for this piece too!
Thanks for visiting! There is so much more to see in person! I just realized that I didn't take a picture of my buggy and purchases -a bunch of jade-ite colored MelMac, an old school book, bag of unfinished needlepoint, vintage broach and a hat!

18 comments:

Alisa Noble said...

Love the linen booth and I have a chair almost exactly like that. Except it's in pieces right now waiting to be refinished.
Alisa

Mya said...

wow, look likes alot of great stuff. I need that junk diva sign it would fit in here nicely.
-Mya

Rebecca said...

Oh yeah, that's my kind of shop! Thanks for your pics from Show and Tell Sunday!

Hugs and Blessings,
Rebecca

Anonymous said...

Wow you have a great place to shop !!! I love spending 2 or 3 hours in a junk store too!!!
Thanks for sharing!!!

Kathy

Karen ~ Cider Antiques said...

Ohhh WOW !!! those vintage linens all displayed in one booth would keep me busy for hours!

Gorgeous! Great items.

~ Karen at Ciderantiques.

Karen Bosch said...

What a fun place to go shopping. Great linens!

Leaon Mary said...

Wonderful STORE! WOW:
Can't help myself, I loved thee PAINTBRUSH PICTURE!
GOOFY, WHIMSICAL AND PLAIN OLE FUN!
Lea

Melissa said...

I really like the paintbrushes. It seems like there would be a lot of insipration to find there. Great post.

Melissa
*~*~*~*~*
www.melissaburford.typepad.com/burford_designs/

Little Pink Studio said...

Looks like my kind of place!
Thank you for joining us today!
~Cerri xo

j said...

Oh I am in LOVE with the TRAYS!!! I NEED that green one tucked back behind the others. You know, those are so hard to find in this area. Were they high priced? Very Cool!!!

Jennifer

Nevis said...

Man, I've driven past Angels a million times but never went in. I am totally going to, now!

AM said...

Wow! that place is so neat. We have small shops around here, but nothing close to that size! I saw some nice things!

The Apron Queen said...

I liked the sign Junk Diva! What fun! :DThanks for taking us along. Come join me on my road trip: http://anapronaday.blogspot.com/2008/05/vintage-antique-shopping-in-southeast.html

Adla said...

wow they have a mall dedicated to flea-ing where you at , that is just so amazing.Would love to do a little shopping there!

kristie said...

oh my! if i ever went there i'd come out completely penniless. i love the linens. please show your purchases.

Punchbugpug said...

Those sort of places are amazing to visit. Sometimes I get mad when I go there and see something I have given away or sold and now want it again!

Anonymous said...

LOVELY BLUE VICTORIAN CHAIR WITH WHEELS. HAVE A GREEN ONE ALMOST LIKE IT THAT BELONGS TO MY DAUGHTER. MY DAUGHTER'S IS NICER. LOVE THE PICTURES OF ANGEL'S.
XXOO LILLY

Anonymous said...

I happened to be in Angel's a couple of months ago and found a nice little wicker table to use as a coffee table on my back porch. I put one of those painted trays on it, green with cabbage roses that I was my grandmother B's or Aunt Em's. I also happend to see that cute green chair mentioned by anon. and agree with her. It would look very cute in your kitchen by the fireplace with your jadeware nearby. I like to mix and match formal and informal.