
It's Show and Tell Sunday again and this week the topic is vintage linens. I don't think of myself as a collector of linens, but more of a user of vintage linens. I have some from my family, some from yard sales and flea markets - but most of them are around the house being used and loved. Many have holes and stains that show their years of use, but that makes me appreciate them even more. Plus- I don't have to worry about my family spilling stuff on them!

Tablecloths.....

Hand towels......


This napkin is from a hotel that was 6 blocks from our house. Sadly it has been torn down.

I love anything with a handmade touch- embroidery, crochet..
17 comments:
Wow love your collection and the way you displayed them. Beautiful
-Mya
That chenille pillow is so gorgeous.... love your dishes too!
You have so many beautiful linen's and I love how you make pillow's from the one's that are loved a little to much. Thank you for sharing.
Kathy
Hello, I love your little blue bird pillowcases and chenille! Thanks for sharing.
Karen at Ciderantiques
I love what is see. Nice way to display them. Look forward to your blogs. Makes my day.
XXOO LILLY
I could spend hours pilaging through piles of linens at the flea markets! I love it that you use yours. Blessings.. Polly
What a pretty collection and you've displayed it so beautifully. You sure know how to find the treasures!
Thanks for sharing your collection. I use my linens too. They're so much prettier than any new linens you can buy at the store.
Love the birdie pillowcases and all the cute pillows!
Margo
thanks for sharing your linens:) i really love your quilts!!! and the chenille pillow is gorgeous!!!
I like the "user of vintage" better too. Cute and true for me also!
Everything is so beautiful. My grandmother use to have dishes like those in the first pic, I wonder what happened to them.
Love that pink chenille pillow!
gorgeous collection... thanks for sharing!
Alisa
I am coveting ALL of it. Love the table cloth and Jadeite. I mix red with my jadeite too.
Be blessed.
Jennifer
I really like those pillows! Great idea. Love how you use and display your pieces.
Sister Andrea would love the Calif. tablecloth. I have a closetful of vintage tablecloths... one of my many sins. I love to use them and add a few of our own stains to the older stains. Oh well. might as well enjoy them. I like to layer them too because so many are only 52" square and my table is round like yours. I mix and match and also use place mats on top. What a great price for the crochet cloth!
Post a Comment