This three day weekend without rain was our chance to take the front doors down and strip them. I hate stripper and dislike the heat gun, so I worked on getting as much paint as I could off with the heat gun. They are big, double doors with beveled glass. The hardware is 1/2 painted over. We like the doorknob and old doorbell so we will save them. When we first moved in and started painting I wish we had stripped the door-hindsight is 20/20! I didn't know then that a white door always looks dirty, even when you scrub it. I wanted a stained front door. And soon I will have one. I had started to take the paint off on the inside first and we decided to do the outside, too. DH took out the glass and did the lion's share of the work with the stripper.


He got all of the paint off the old doorbell. It's never worked - but after playing with it for a while- he's got it ringing. I can't wait to see it back on the door. Now I have to think about the curtains. The old lacy curtains were so nasty- I should burn them. But, they did give us some privacy. The light coming in the window is so cheerful that I almost hate to put anything up there!


He got all of the paint off the old doorbell. It's never worked - but after playing with it for a while- he's got it ringing. I can't wait to see it back on the door. Now I have to think about the curtains. The old lacy curtains were so nasty- I should burn them. But, they did give us some privacy. The light coming in the window is so cheerful that I almost hate to put anything up there!

6 comments:
I SUPPOSE YOU WISH TO KEEP THE PANES IN THE DOORS BUT WHAT ABOUT STAIN GLASS PANES OR PRETTY ETCHED TRANSLUCENT PANES? LOOK AROUND THE NEIGHBORHOOD AND SEE WHAT OTHER PEOPLE ARE USING. YOU'LL GET IT RIGHT.
XXOO LILLY
Wow, it's going to be AWESOME when you're all done. Can't wait to see!
I'm new to blogging so just checking out some links on Dust Bunny Hostage. Your door is going to be beautiful. I love your Wordless Wednesday post. JC
Huge project...but will be beautiful when finished. Looking forward to pictures. Have a good weekend...Linda
stripping sucks!!! Most kinds anyway. luv from lkpt
Awesome!
I love your porch! I hope to have one added on to our home some day....
Post a Comment