Monday, May 19, 2008

Parlor Progress and Getting Ready for Graduation

This weekend we had some pre-graduation events, Baccalaureate and Awards Day, for Son#3. B has made a commitment to the Army National Guard. He has already completed Basic Training (during the summer of his junior year) and will report for Advanced Training in September. Here he is accepting his Army scholarship. He should get to start college in January. He also got an FFA Senior Officer Scholarship.

Meanwhile we are still plugging along in the parlor. The picture moulding is up.

The mirror is back in the mantle.

And the pocket doors have been stained. All due to the hard work of my favorite handyman! This weekend we plan on stripping the front door. I have started to use the heat gun on it- what a mess!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looking very good. Love the picture molding and the crown molding. Glad the mirror is back in the fireplace. The pocket doors will be wonderful. SIL, I am so very proud of you. Congrats to B.
XXOO LILLY

Nevis said...

Great looking walls & dental moldings..!

AM said...

That is so wonderful about your son's decision to join the military. I had no idea they could do basic training the summer before their senior year. That's awesome he's already completed that and that he'll be off to college in January! Wow. Great plan. I really think joining the military is a terrific idea. So many benefits.

Magnolia Sun said...

It's looking good. Congrats to you son too.

kristie said...

all of the stained wood is beautiful. will you acutally use the picture molding?

Anonymous said...

the parlor is definitely looking better. the molding is great. I know you'll find some great pictures to hang from the molding, if you haven't already. We're doing demo too. Had a dumpster delivered today for the garage roof and any other trash we can find to throw in. Took a lot of scrap metal to the dump yesterday and made $220. That will help to pay for the dumpster. Prices in Lockport are pretty good. Demo is more lucrative than rebuilding.

Magnolia Street Style said...

You must be very proud of your son's achievements and goals. My husband is the paint remover and I am the painter in our family. I do appreciate all of the hard work that you and your husband are going through renovating your home. It's not easy but it's all worth it.

Connie