Thursday, May 22, 2008

Old Book Sale

I haven't had time lately for much thrift shopping because the sewing room is overflowing. Alterations for upcoming weddings, monograms for graduation and wedding gifts, and some pleated drapes - all need to be finished ASAP! But, I did go to book sale and found these treasures! 1963 cookbook from The University of Alabama, 1942 children's Christmas carol book, 1887 book of short stories by Washington Irving and 1865 book on moral science by Francis Wayland.
Inside the short story book I discovered a Victorian trading card, a newspaper clipping and a really faded and shiny photo of a Victorian gentleman and his dog. I wish he could talk! I wonder if he is the author?


The illustrator of the children's book is Masha. I love the sweet pictures. I have another book by this illustrator that has poetry. I think they would make great framed prints in a nursery. The poetry book is in pretty bad shape. I could cut it up, but this book is in great shape and even though it was only $2- I could not cut it up!
I got another great treasure box from Mom today. After I take pictures I'll show you all the loot! Playing with al that stuff will keep me home and out of the stores this week!


2 comments:

Magnolia Sun said...

The books are very pretty, I agree with you I don't think I could but it up either.

Nevis said...

Cool! I need to get to Angels Antiques. Do you think they're open on Sunday?