Thursday, May 1, 2008

Pond


The pond is just about finished! I can sit in my chair and listen to the sound of the waterfall. Just one thing missing - the fish! Eli is inspecting the waterfall. For some reason Bitsey will not go near it. I had to drag her away last year. She loved to have a drink of "fish water"!
We will continue to fill in more plants as we find things we like. And I'm going tadpole hunting soon at the park ! I only have to work 3 days next week to finish out my contract. That means more time to sew and thrift shopping! I've enjoyed this job: 1/2 days, small groups of children, tutoring reading and math. It made me remember what I loved about teaching for 25 years (the kids) and reminded me why I retired! A full day with 20+ kids and all the paperwork to go with them is for younger people!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

NICE,NICE,NICE!! LOVE EVERYTHING DH AND YOU HAVE DONE. XXOO LILLY

Magnolia Sun said...

It's beautiful I love the stones/rocks all very nice.

Nevis said...

What a beautiful pond! Are you going to get koi fish?

Wanda @ Just Vintage said...

A pond!! Oh, my! What have I missed?? I've got to come see that -- and get the ladder.

It's going to take lots of time to catch up on my favorite blogs.