Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother's Day Weekend

It was a busy weekend with my kids coming and going and bringing surprises. My first surprise started on Saturday with DH and youngest son. I have wanted a dwarf red maple for a long time. Dad bought it and son planted it next to the pond.

Eli and I supervised.

Saturday we grilled ribs, with baked beans, and corn casserole - but the most wonderful thing was - the kitchen was magically cleaned up! Sunday morning I was served breakfast in bed. No cooking all day due to the leftovers! A visit from oldest son first with a bottle of wine. Later second oldest son with his sweet girlfriend with a beautiful bouquet of mixed flowers. I felt like "Queen For the Day" !!!
I just relaxed all day and spent some time finishing up this crafty project. I found an old brown tray in while "dumpster diving" last week. Painted it antique white. Then cut out some appliques from a piece of fabric that my cousin sent me. It was in with some of my aunt's sewing supplies. I used Mod Podge to decoupage it to the tray. I think my aunt would get a kick out of the fun I had with her scrap of fabric!

4 comments:

Wanda @ Just Vintage said...

Eli knows how it's done, doesn't he?

Sounds like you had a nice Mother's Day. And the tray's so cute!

Anonymous said...

I had no idea you would put those appliques to such an inventive use. You go girl!

Nevis said...

Love the supervising picture. Happy Mother's Day (belatedly)

Anonymous said...

ANONYMOUS #1 IS BONNIE. SHE FINALLY LEARNED HOW TO LEAVE A COMMENT. SHE LOVES YOUR BLOG.