Thank you so much for your thoughts, prayers, cards and care. We are moving ahead in tiny steps. Some days it seems very real, other days it seems like it is not at all real. I'm just so sad.
When I worked on this dress and hat it was with such love and dreams of the day we would dress her in it to come home from the hospital. The dress was so tiny that I knew she would only wear it once. It was comforting to me for her to wear it even though it was not the happy day in my dreams. There is a wonderful network of volunteer photographers who work with grieving families called "Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep." We were blessed to have a wonderful and caring woman come to the hospital to take pictures of our perfect little angel.
We knew the moment she was born that it was simply a cord accident. There was no warning, no sign of any problems, just an accident. We have been surrounded with family and friends. Every need was taken care of before we knew we needed it. We know that our brains will never understand any of this but we do have faith that Addison is safe in God's hands.
I've read back over the last year of my blog, trying to remember happy times. I know that I want the "happy" me back- so I may not share too much sadness here. I have a grief journal to keep that part of my life in. I will cry there and laugh here!

5 comments:
It's such a horrible thing to have to go through. I can't imagine the pain of it. There is no earthly comfort. Did I tell you about the little book, "Heaven Is For Real"? There is a section in there you and Amanda should read. I won't spoil it for you, by telling you what it says. It wouldn't have the same impact. Just trust me. You should read it.
I can't tell you how sorry I am. I haven't been by in a while and I am broken hearted for you, your daughter, and your family.
Your beautiful Addison looks so sweet in the tiny dress you made for her to wear home. You know, she did get to wear it home,to her Heavenly home. What a precious angel Heaven gained on Feb. 9th.
Know that I am thinking of you and praying.
Rhonda
I have thought of you all often and have been praying for you all, too. I cannot imagine what your daughter and her husband and you and your family are going through. I'm so glad the photographer was able to be there. I know God is holding you all now and forever and Addison, too.
Your friends have written such sweet messages and I echo their thoughts. To Wanda, I have read "Heaven is For Real". I firmly believe that our Loved Ones are in Heaven.
xxoo Lilly
There is no way to convey the sadness I feel for you. My prayers are that you and your family feel strength and comfort.
Thank you for sharing the picture of your beloved Addison. She was beautiful. And she did look so very sweet in the dress and hat you made for her.
I'll continue to keep all of you in my prayers.
Post a Comment