Wednesday, March 23, 2011

10 Years

There are many things that I have learned after living in a 105 year old house for 10 years:


1. We still love it, but, it is a more mature realistic love.

2. We overlook things now that I would never think I could.

3. Projects that we think will take 6 months take 3 years.

4. Projects I never imagined might only take a week.

5. Projects that seem impossible can be figured out.

6. Projects that seem simple are tricking you.
7. Projects done 10 years ago now need to be redone. 8. There is never enough storage. 9. It is good to know what is inside your walls. 10. A new house would be a nice place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there.

7 comments:

Patti @ Pandoras Box said...

So true, so true!! Your home is lovely

Wanda @ Just Vintage said...

Oh I love the ivy coming in the window. Priceless!

Keetha Broyles said...

She's a beauty for a 102 year old gal!

Anonymous said...

Love your old home. We too lived in an oldie but goodie years ago...I loved her, but my son did not...I still smile when I drive by and see her sitting up on the hill knowing I was responsible for her restored glory. Your home is beautiful & I am glad that you shared her with us...keep junkin...tiff

Lilly said...

It takes a lot of love, talent and patience, something you both have plenty of. I am so proud of all that you have done. Home Sweet Home !

xxoo Lil

Pam said...

your house looks lovely!

Garage Floor Coating said...

Looking awesome! I think its great its like reconstruction of old house, you did a great work i must say, Old Is Gold !!