Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Thrifty Thursday

Last week I stayed away from my junk stores since I was concentrating on purging junk from my house with the yard sale. So this week I am showing a thrift store treasure from two weeks ago. I have seen this pug pillow before! Several years ago it was in a $$$$catalog$$$$- I could not justify spending $18 on a tiny pillow- no matter how cute! His Momma pillow was $36!! I wanted both of them!!! So when I saw this baby at Angel's I moved with lightening speed to grab it ...expecting it to be priced too high!

And joy and jumping followed when I saw his $.75 price tag!!!


He is only 6 inches tall and he is based on a vintage pug toy, made by The Toy Workshop.


Look at the curly tail!!!


Even the feet are adorable!!! I love him! Eli and Bitsey are not so impressed! They prefer a furry pug toy!


Don't forget to go by and see the other Thrifty Treasures here!

12 comments:

j said...

75 cents??? You got such a bargain! Of course, I like the real thing the best... :)

Pam said...

What a cute pillow... and 75 cents, what a find!

Anonymous said...

How cute and what a great find for you! I haven't been to Angel's in months and I am so ready for a trip out there. But it will have to wait until sometime in the next weeks to come. Too many birthdays, etc right now.

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Cute and a great price.
Glenda

Joan@anythinggoeshere said...

Great find. The dogs, I agree, do not look impressed. Not swishy enough for them.

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

That is AAAAAdorable! I cannot beleive you found that. Perfect for your home! Absolutley perfect! Sweet friend, I am so happy for you! Well done! Thank you for linking up to Thrifty Thursday this week! Be sure and drop by to see what the other thrifty participants are showing off. Some really great finds!
Thanks again!
Leigh
Tales from Bloggeritaville
www.lbratina.blogspot.com

Chari at Happy To Design said...

Hello...

Ohhh...I've seen those cute little "Pug" pillows before as well...you got a "steal of a deal" for just $.75!!! I just adore your cute little pugs...they're precious!!! I've been on the outlook for one for a couple of months...no such luck yet! I want one!!! Hehe!!!

Thanks for sharing your pug pillow bargain with us...and your adorable little furbabies too!!!

Warmest wishes,
Chari

Cass @ That Old House said...

75-cents? Wow -- snatch it up! It's adorable... as are the REAL pugs. Very good buy, really cute dogs -- real and stuffed!
Cass

Blue Creek Home said...

Small world, huh??? War Eagle.
I can't believe you found that charming pillow for $.75!!!
I was at Angels yesterday and stopped at Resurrect too. That place is chocked full of wonderful things.
Rhonda

AM said...

ONLY 75 cents!!! That is so so awesome.

Nevis said...

Hey! Okay, I've been wanting to talk to you about something and I need to get it off my chest and ask. We just picked up the dogs from having been kenneled at the vet for the week while we were out and it was $500!!! Yes, that much. I'm frankly, shell shocked, broke and fed up! That's ridiculous! So I'm proposing a boarding program between us. We'll watch your puggies if you watch ours?

I can't imagine it would be that much more work to watch after 4 (as apposed to 2) and they'd probally get a long fairly well since they're similar in size and age. My puggies are very well behaved, too!

So, what do you thnk?

Linda said...

What a great find...the baby pug is too cute. I always say, if we wait long enough we will eventually find that certain little something we've been wishing for. I bet mama and baby look sweet together...hugs, Linda