Sunday, July 19, 2009

Yard Sale Update


The yard sale was successful! We had 6 families take part and what did not sell was donated. Here is my yard as we put things out about 6:00 AM! We agreed to not buy each others stuff- but we did trade a little. I only ended up with one new piece of pottery, made by one of the other yard salers!




The great thing is that it is all gone- one way or another- and I am about $200 richer! When you think about it that is a lot when most things were $.25 -$.50 ! I did sell a couple of larger items- a chair that I had painted and a huge framed tapestry that came with the house. It was the right style for the house but it was TOO big! It was hanging in the dining room and it was behind a door! That was the only wall big enough for it! I am glad it found someone to love it!



8 comments:

Blue Creek Home said...

Yardsales are lots of work, aren't they? But $200.00 is nice!
Thanks for the comment. H.L. is pretty fun isn't it?
Rhonda

Random Musings said...

YAY!! $200 to spend at thrift stores!

suzeeez said...

Great job with your yard sale ! I really love your house and especially that big porch . :o) Sue

AM said...

sounds like a very successful yard sale! So much fun!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on a successful yard sale! I know they are a lot of hard work, but it's great to earn a little extra cash.
I had planned to look you up and come, but we had unexpected company show up Saturday.
Just looking at the pics, I can see how gorgeous your home is. I love that big porch! You are very blessed. :)
Have a great week!

Gerry said...

Wonderful. Glad it is over. Sorry about the tapestry. I loved it. Now on to something else. A new project.

xxoo Lilly

Mrs.D said...

Sounds like a very successful yard sale!

Gwen said...

I am glad that it went well!