For once I'm not going to a yard sale...I'm having one! I've spent much of the last two weeks dragging junk out of closets and the attic...in July...in Alabama...We have been stuffing the attic for 8 and 1/2 years with our trash. They say one man's trash is another man's treasure. I feel sure that this is every man's trash!!
The rule is once it goes in the yard -it does not come back in the house. DH will be loading up the truck at the end of the sale and heading to the thrift shop to donate the remains. At this point I would pay someone to make it all go away!
I have found a few things that will be repacked up- some sentimental toys of the kids and a book or two that I can't quite part with. But most of the stuff is useless and I just have to get it out! Some of the interesting finds were- my Junior prom dress, 2 Bridesmaid dresses 1979 and 1984ish, the outfit I wore for my school picture in 1995 (which was 4 days before I got pregnant with youngest son- needless to say - I was never small enough to wear it again!) , daughter's Easter dress from 1995 (loved that dress-keeping it) when she was 7, matching sweaters that I knitted for sons 1 and 2 when they were babies, son #3's cowboy boots from when he was 3 or 4 and everything the baby (who is 13) has ever owned!



8 comments:
I have been thinking about doing a yard sale too, but I think I will wait until fall. This heat is too intense for me!
I wish you lots of success with your's.
If I happen to be in the area, I may look you up. Will your sale be listed in one of the local papers?
good luck with your sale! i hope everything sells.
Good luck with your sale! I saw by your comment about Auburn that you are luring me further and further afield!
Love the photo of Lulu with the basketball!
Good luck. You are doing the right thing. Hope you get lots of buyers. Will be anxious to know how you made out. I may do the same thing.
xxoo lilly
Good luck with sales! Hope you sell lots so you can go out treasure hunting!
Good plan to have it go out and never come back!!
How did you do?
Good luck, I would LOVE to come to one of your yard sales.
Post a Comment