As soon as we got home from our vacation I got sick- a summer cold- complete with coughing and fever. Bleah!!!! So I have finally got back to the Thrifting World after about 3 weeks. I went to 2 small estate sales last week and a quick trip to Mission Thrift this week. I didn't find much, but it felt good to be out of bed!At the first estate sale I found this Staffordshire plate from the Little White House in Warm Springs, GA. The youngest boy and I had an educational trip there a couple of years ago. Dad was in a bike ride so we toured the house and learned about President Roosevelt.
The next sale brought me these silver Godinger plate chargers (8 for $4) that I can't wait to use in a tablescape.
Here is a cigar box and a sweet embroidered linen dresser scarf- each$.25
Close up of the details on the chargers- these things are very heavy. I looked them up on ebay and they are priced a lot more than I paid for them!
This weeks finds at the Thrift store-
Kiddie books and the Flea Market book were $.25 each. I love these old colanders- they are great for organizing craft stuff and picking vegetables in the garden. My favorite find this day is the little Limoges china plate!
Some of my friends and I have decided to have a yard sale this month. I really need to get rid of some clutter ....so I can bring more home!!!
The next sale brought me these silver Godinger plate chargers (8 for $4) that I can't wait to use in a tablescape.
Here is a cigar box and a sweet embroidered linen dresser scarf- each$.25
Close up of the details on the chargers- these things are very heavy. I looked them up on ebay and they are priced a lot more than I paid for them!
This weeks finds at the Thrift store-
Kiddie books and the Flea Market book were $.25 each. I love these old colanders- they are great for organizing craft stuff and picking vegetables in the garden. My favorite find this day is the little Limoges china plate!
Some of my friends and I have decided to have a yard sale this month. I really need to get rid of some clutter ....so I can bring more home!!!Don't forget to check out the other Thrifty Thursday gals at Leigh's place!

14 comments:
I LOVE seeing all the stuff you find! I wish I had saved all our "stuff" for a garage sale, but when it gets down to it I just pack it all up and off to the Salvation Army it goes!
What a great deal on those chargers. We stayed at Calloway a few years ago and went over to the Warm Springs house. So nice up there.
Wow, I love your chargers. I can't wait to see them all gussied up in a tablescape!
Dont forget to let your friends at your yard sale items before the masses!
I love the sweet little plate.
Dont forget to let your friends pick through your yardsale finds before the public!
Love the sweet plate and of course the chargers were a steal! And so heavy!
Thanks for visiting, I'll take your advice and visit Opelika--we drive up to Opleika everytime we go home to Louisiana--that's where we hit the interstate!
Hello, my friend!
You got some great things there!
Thanks for being a part of Thrifty Thursday, my friend!
Well done!
Leigh
Tales from Bloggeritaville
lbratina.blogspot.com
Love the chargers. Those are fabulous and what a great deal. They will be great fun to use on the table.
Great deal on the books too. That is one of my favorite finds at yard sales and thrift stores. Keep the kiddos busy.
I love seeing all of your stuff! Glad you are feeling better! Braley told me you had not been feeling well.
Great finds!!!!
hey, are there any dog parks in Auburn-Opelika area?
Some awesome finds!! I, too really like those old colanders, but I never thought of them to store stuff. Great idea!!
What a fun bunch of stuff. I like the colander because I love old kitchen stuff.
Love all of your thrifty finds, especially the chargers. Good idea to weed out. Our desires change so that we seem to collect too much "stuff". Sometimes, I pack up stuff and ship it South. Hmmmmm!
xxoo Lilly
You had some beautiful finds this week.
Post a Comment