Saturday, October 4, 2008

Yard Sale, Mantles and Kitten Gymnist

One of my friends had a yard sale today to raise money for the big walk for Breast Cancer in Atlanta. They had tons of donations and lots of stuff. I hope they met their goal. I saw many interesting things when I dropped off my donations and had good intentions of getting up early to go. It didn't happen -I was lazy and didn't go until 9:30. I still got a few goodies. Another suitcase, dented cake cover, tarnished pitcher, old Christmas balls, Christmas cross stitch, parasol and my favorite - box of leaves and tiny flowers! They will be great for Victorian hats! The parasol will also go to the Porch Tour for a display.

I worked on my mantles more. The kitchen has some BOO blocks that DH and I made years ago before we had the house! We were more "crafty " then! The towel has an applique that I have used on kid's clothes .

The parlor got a swag and a pheasant added. I usually decorate in the dining room too, but not this year. When we redid the parlor, the dining room became storage and the electricity was cut off and has not be rewired yet! That will be a goal this month! Pay no attention to the shot of me taking the picture- I didn't notice that before!

Finally -one more shot of Lulu! Chasing her tail while hanging upside down from a kitchen chair!! This kitten is crazy!

5 comments:

kristie said...

your mantles look great! lulu is a nut - kittens are crazy.

Joannah said...

Your house looks great! I'm inspired. I just need to get my hubby to get my fall decor box out of the garage. I don't have anywhere near the number of items you do, but I want to use and appreciate the things I do have.

Your cat is a hoot!

Anonymous said...

LITTLE LULU, WHAT CAN I SAY. SHE IS A HOOT AND LOVING HER NEW HOME. SO MUCH TO DO AND SO BIG TO ROAM IN. SHE COULD HIDE FOR DAYS IN YOUR HOME AND NEVER BE FOUND. IS ANY ROOM OFF LIMITS? LOVE YOUR MANTLES. ONE OF THE LATEST CO. MAGAZINES HAS A GREEN TILED SURROND LIKE YOUR DINING ROOM AND THE MANTLE HAS BEEN STRIPPED LIKE YOUR PARLOR. LOOKS GREAT BUT THEN I LIKE YOUR MANTLE WHITE. WILL BE INTERESTING TO SEE WHAT DH DOES WITH THAT.
XXOO LILLY :)

Linda said...

Lulu is so cute....kitties bring endless entertainment.
Your mantles look lovely. Hugs, Linda

Nevis said...

Adorable kitten photo. But I miss picturse of Eli & Bitsey!!!