
I finished the nursery yesderday which means I rewarded myself with a thrift store trip! I have got to admit that my trip was a little disrupted by a couple of college-age girls who were loudly making fun of the "treasures" in the store. Many of the people who shop there do it out of neccessity. I felt embarrassed that those girls were saying things that would be hurtful. Some of us shop there because we enjoy the treasure hunt and value vintage, imperfect and previously loved objects. I think they hurt my feelings, too! So I moved on to a different store. Here's a few pictures of my finds today (don't make fun of me :) I usually don't buy shoes at the thrift stores unless I can tell they haven't been worn. I found these today and I was thrilled that they were my size and not worn! They were $5 -I looked them up online- new -at least $124!!!!

I love this 50's look candle holder- chippy paint and all!

The next 2 things will go to a Porch Tour display- I'm working on a Teddy Bear tea party- I need some old looking but inexpensive china. I'm still looking for some cups and saucers -but no more than $.25!!!


7 comments:
Excellent finds. I like your slippers, that brand is very expensive.
MAJOR score on the Uggs!! Yaaahoo!!
Those same teenage girls will be shopping in the same type of stores in 20 years or less. Lucky for you to find such nice treasures. I was quite young when I found an old wall telephone in the mountains of Colorado. It hangs proudly in a home in Alabama. Love your Uggs. Good luck on your future finds for the Porch Tour.
Lilly xxoo
Im sorry those girls were so hurtful. That makes me sad. I wish we had more thrift stores around here.
GREAT find on those shoes!!! Wow.
I am sad hearing about those girls. I saw something similar recently, and it made me feel bad for other shoppers just like you said.
And my favorite of your finds is the candlestick. It is so perfectly 1950-ish!
What a fabulous find!
WOW...what a score on those Uggs! Yeah, I've seen them at this store near my work for well over $100.
Post a Comment