There are only two houses between this house and ours. It was built before the Civil War and has tunnels that were used in the Underground Railroad. A girl I know grew up in it. It was also used as a church for a while. It has been restored in the last 5 years and I have not been inside. I really need to take a picture at night with the lights on.
There are gas lights in the lamp posts .
Ghosts dancing on the side of the house!
I wanted to get a picture of the conservatory, it is hard to see -but there are more ghosts in there. When this was a church they did baptisms in there! There used to be a fenced area behind it for rabbits - they were the biggest rabbits I've ever seen! They had tunnels that they would pop out of. I think they are gone now. Before the current owners bought the house there were some apartments in the back yard. We knew a couple who lived in one and fed their cat when they went out of town so we got to see the rabbits! The new owners had the apartments bulldozed- it was a good move!





5 comments:
Oh, what a neat house that first one is. What history! I love the look of the gray house.
The first house is huge and pretty, we don't have any change in colors yet.
Wow, that first house is kinda southwest looking for the Southeast, ain't it?
Oh, and did you decide on your next project?
OH! And are you going to the howloween?!
love the tour of your neighborhood. Hope you got a new battery. Should have taken my car home. Did you work on Porch Tour stuff today ?
Lilly xxoo
Oh my goodness! Those houses are so cool!! Like everyone else, I'm especially drawn to the first one.
I loved seeing photos of your new projects too--did you choose yet? I think I'd be partial to the dining room. I *love* dining rooms.
Post a Comment