I'm linking up to Leigh's party here for Thifty Thursday!
Wednesday, March 9, 2011
Thrifty Thursday
I do much of my thrifting at stores that are connected with non-profit organizations. While I love a bargain I understand that I am supporting a good cause when I buy something there. Often when I get home and look things up on ebay I have gotten a good deal- sometimes not so much. As long as I love what I buy, it is OK to pay too much. This week I bought 2 different things that I feel a little guilty about! The first I knew was worth more than I paid...the other I had no idea!
First up is Madame Alexander's Wendy Go Braugh. I love dolls, don't need any, but she just made me smile. Someone had donated a doll collection. I saw a little British Bobbie that was priced too high -but my Hubby likes Bobbies so he was coming home with me.
Then I dug down and found her- I just knew she would be way beyond my price limit....but she was only $3.49!!! And she is perfect...she even has her shoes and tag...no box..but really!!!
When I looked on ebay she just sold for $53 . I feel a little guilty. But I love her and I can rationalize that I paid too much for him....
The second thrifty buy was a set of goblets for $4. They were purchased at a yard sale for Bighouse. This organization supports foster children in our county. I just thought I would like them in our new china cabinets. See they look pretty in there-
But they list on ebay for about $30-each!! So now I feel a little guilty. I guess I'll try to make it up this year with more donations!
I'm linking up to Leigh's party here for Thifty Thursday!
I'm linking up to Leigh's party here for Thifty Thursday!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
Don't feel guilty! $3.49??!!! It was your lucky day! Y'all have the best thrifts down there. I just don't get there often enough.
You had Irish Luck today! Great finds and thanx for sharing. tiff
You have to remember that if you had not bought them someone else would, and more than likely for resale. At least you bought them to enjoy.
And I am sure you will return and spend more money at those thrifts.
Lucky you , what great finds!
I'm so glad the doll found a home that appreciates her beauty. Don't feel guilty for those great prices. They want to move that merchandise...and you can always make a donation sometime.
Love your finds. The doll is great cause it has the red-hair. HEEHEE. You have a lovely blog and so glad you dropped by my blog. Now I will be following you.
P.S. I read the blog of your loss, my heart goes out to you. May God keep you tight in his arms during this time.
Don't ever feel guilty. It's a win-win-win situation all the way around! Someone gains some extra space in their home or garage, the charity receives funds to continue helping others, and you come home with a wonderful treasure AND something to blog about!
Thanks for stopping by my new little blog and leaving such a nice comment!
You hit the jackpot !!! Love all of it, especially the beautiful, perfect doll.
xxooLil
Post a Comment