Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Hobby Lobby Near Disaster

Or "The Little Clock That Could!" I went to Hobby Lobby to get lining for the dining room curtains. I cruised the clearance row just to see if anything jumped in my basket. Wouldn't you know that they were in the process of marking things down 90%! So 5 potential projects came home with me. First is this little chipped up clock- it was black- kind of - and I saw it as Heirloom White. I forgot to take a before picture so I staged this shot:
Before I started painting I needed to pop out the clock. It did not pop out -so I applied force- no luck. I pried it with a screw driver and broke the plastic around the face. I tried pushing on the back and broke the plastic on the back. Little pieces of plastic went into the gears. I may have said a few unladylike words. It finally came out...I put a battery in the clock to see if it would run or should just go in the trash....
As you can see- 90% of $29.99 was $2.99- and when the clock did not run I thought about cutting my losses. One more chance...I shook the clock until the little plastic broken pieces fell out and it started running!

So I sprayed it white and popped the clock back in....gently this time! Since the rim of the face was broken in several spots- I glued some buttons around the edge with Gorilla Super Glue...


And the clock lived happily ever after !

5 comments:

Here On Crow Creek said...

I bought that same little clock cept for I did not get it for that price. I think I need to take my receipe back in there. Love what you did with yours.

Random Musings said...

And I may have said some unlady like words..

I love it.

I also love how you fixed it by shaking it!

Sandy said...

Love what you did with the clock. Using the buttons is just right!

Lilly said...

cute xxoolil

Patti @ Pandoras Box said...

Great find and Great save!!