Sunday, March 27, 2011

Big Hole in the Kitchen Floor!

I usually leave the house before projects like this begin and return after the coast is clear. I get really anxious when my Hubby cuts big holes in the house. But, he needed my help today so I had to tough it out. We have some water damage in the dining room (not to mention the hole where the piano leg was hanging in the basement!) so we needed some wood to patch with. Since my hope one day is to tile the kitchen floor- we decided to recycle wood from there. It started with a big saw. My job was to hold the hose of the shop vac close to the saw to minimize the dust. I was not prepared for the sparks when he cut through nails!

Then my job was to stack the wood he pulled out. Interesting how there is no sub floor....but the boards are very thick.
That's a quick trip to the basement- Don't worry no Pugs were allowed in the construction zone!
A piece of plywood nailed in place.
My final job was to cover the plywood with some lovely :( peel and stick tiles. Cause some dogs have accidents in the kitchen so I can't cover it with a rug!

Just pretend it isn't there under the table.....

Anyone want to place a bet on how long it will be there.......???????????????????

3 comments:

Sandy said...

That wood for your floors is so pretty. Your new patch looks like a rug under the table. I guess you'll save the rest of the wood from the kitchen floor in your basement when you tile the floor. I really like your kitchen table setting.

Anonymous said...

poor thing...that patch is, to say the least, interesting looking...I love your pug! Tiff Thanks for sharing your house reno...

Lilly said...

That is some hole. I thought the piano leg hole was already patched. This wood will match in the dining room. Never would have thought to take wood from somewhere else. Genius DH !!!
Lil xxoo