Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Thrifty Thursday

I got to shop the preview sale at the Kids Clothing Connection today. Even though there were lots of thrifty decorating things to go through I was consumed with baby things..... My first purchase was the changing table and the contour pad to fit on top. The table was a bargain at $10 and could easily be painted to match other furniture. Next came the glider- brand new-clean- even passed the sniff test. There were many to choose from but the others were more used and would need recovering. This one is so comfortable and is neutral enough to go with anything.
The clothes were so packed on the racks that it was hard to go through them. I ended up with 10 outfits -newborn to 3 m- for less money than I would have spent for 2. Some still had tags and some were very slightly worn. I did pay $3 for the little leopard number. It is a gown with a matching hat- brand new.


These baskets were also cheap and I can make new liners when Little Momma picks out some fabric or bedding that we can match.
All in all it was a successful trip. I will be going back! The sale opens to the public Saturday. At the end of the 2 weeks they have discount days. Some of the clothes will be marked down 50% - by then it will be easier to go through the racks!
Be sure to stop by Leigh's to see the other Thrifty Treasures and Ideas this week!

3 comments:

Lilly said...

I would say you made out like a bandit. Is #1 daughter liking the items ? I hope she knows what a wonderful MIL she has. The glider/rocker will come in so handy. A very Happy Birthday to son #2 tomorrow. Card is in the mail - late, of course. xxoo Lilly

lilly said...

I was wrong... I meant wonderful SM. Sorry about that. Lil

Stella said...

Some really great info here at your blog. Keep it coming!