Thursday, October 14, 2010

Tablecloth Project

My camera has been MIA for a couple of weeks. Hubby needed it at work. I got it back today in time to share the tablecloth project that I started over Labor Day weekend. My inspiration for the tablecloth was a pile of Halloween fabric scraps and the glitter pumpkins I made.
I started with my old Halloween jumper. I wore this about 13 years ago- I know because the boy had a matching John-John. I have trouble getting rid of old clothes that have fond memories attached to them! There was a lot of fabric in this jumper.....

I used the jumper for the center of the tablecloth and I just pieced the boarder from the scraps I had. The only cost was a black sheet from Goodwill used for backing and binding. I am not really a quilter so it is not as precise as it could be.....but it is cheerful!

Happy Halloween!

7 comments:

Pam said...

brilliant idea! I love those skull plates too. so cute.

Mrs.D said...

Love it. Very creative.

Lilly said...

Love your tablescape. Don't remember the jumper and it sure was cute. I think you now are a certified quilter or piecer. Got the picture and your B is going to print it out. I will take it to the man at the dealership. Nice picture. Glad you have your camera back. xxoo Lilly

Sandy said...

That is so cute. It looks so festive at your table! I really like those plates, too.

AM said...

Adorable! Great recycling on that fabric too!

kristie said...

fabulous! i love that you used what you already had. very clever you are!

Unknown said...

What a sweet way to preserve a piece of clothing that is special to you!