Sunday, October 24, 2010

Country Living Fair

I spent a great weekend at the Country Living Fair in Atlanta with my Junkin' Buddy. We went up Friday morning and stayed until Sunday afternoon. We were so inspired by the great booths full of treasures and the gracious artists that we met! In the Earth Angels tent we spent some time with paper mache artist Debbie Thibault, who was so fun to talk to.


We also got to meet Sue Whitley of Junk Market Style. She taught us about using junk for organization and how to organize your junk in the Gorilla Glue tent. She was a kindred spirit. Just look at her cute belt- a zipper!

We shopped all day Friday and realized at 5:00 that we had forgotten to eat lunch! We did not even see all of the booths. On Saturday we forgot to eat again but they had a food row where you could sample dips and pretzels. It was a great way to make sales because we bought much of what we sampled! The most important thing I came home with was inspiration- we got so many ideas and saw creativity galore. Many pictures follow with a lot of the stuff I had to have:

Yummy magazines and a book ( met the author and had the book signed)
Dip mixes and pretzels

Fabrics, patterns, ribbons

Candy corn bottle brush trees

Garland on Halloween tree made of bottle brush candy corn

Beachy bottle brush tree

Christmas ornaments
Scrapbooking stuff, some vintage and some reproduction- The bingo cards were used to make some really cute banners

One of the things I forgot to take a picture of is a junk necklace. I saw several that I liked but was too cheap to buy. I decided to collect some "found objects" and add to a simple necklace. I started with 2 simple necklaces , combined them and started adding stuff. So far I have a typewriter key with my initial, a charm with a little piece of a dictionary- the entry word "thrifty", a key, a watch gear, 2 clock hands and a little silver spoon. I can't wait to add more to it- the possibilities are endless- buttons, charms, beads.......











4 comments:

Lilly said...

That had to be the trip of the year. Love all of your goodies. Wish I had gone. I will dig in my junk for small old items to hang off of your necklace. OMG you and your buddy will have endless conversations about what you saw and what you passed up. Wonder if Southern Hospitality was there.
xxoo Lilly

Sandy said...

I can't wait to see what you create with all the ideas and books you bought there. Looks like a fun place to be on the weekend. I enjoy Country Living Magazine.

Unknown said...

We want to see that jewelry you are making!

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

I had planned to go but something came up, of which now I do not recall. I was so sad I didnt get to go. I wouldve LOVED to have seen YOU! Great loot!