And a couple of weeks later this is what I ended up with:
There are better directions here. But the short version is-1. Take out glass and use wood glue to make a box of 4 frames.
2. Use painters tape to hold in place until they dry.
3. Have Husband cut 2 triangles out of scrap wood for the ends of the roof and a rectangle for the base (he added the routing around the edge!)
4. Glue roof together. Add a HL wood fleur de lis on the roof end.
5. Glue 4 old wooden spools on the base for feet.
6. Spray paint everything.
7. Replace glass, glue in place.
I have not decided what I want to put inside it yet, but for now I've got a little blue bird hanging out there!



Thanks again to Leigh for hosting Thrifty Thursday. I always come away with more ideas than time! I am working on burlap bunnies and a topiary made from a wool sweater from last week!

9 comments:
I love the two scroll work frames - - - really cool!
WOW...I certainly didn't see that coming!! What a great idea and it looks so sweet and romantic! Maybe put a few flowers inside (and a nest with birds??)
Look at you, you little smarty! It looks great!
Kendra" Domestic Princess in Training"
Wow, that looks great. I am thinking you should have a little Easter scene with a vintage look and maybe a little glitter eggs in there!
Oh wow! I know you are pleased with your project. It looks wonderful.
What a great project! You did good.
wow! I would have never thought to make something like that out what you bought. You are SO creative!
Oh my gosh! You are amazing. Seriously!
So creative. Where is this talent coming from? Love it. Love you.
xxoo lilly
Post a Comment