I cleared everything off the mantle, then shopped my junk pile and around the house to put things together. I started with the suitcase stack and the picture frame. Then gathered things in Spring colors to fill in.
I found the vintage linens tucked away. The old postcards are from a thrifting trip to Angels with my Mom.
The suitcases are filled with craft supplies. They were already in the sewing room but, they make more sense in front of the fireplace. There was no place for storage on that wall so it was pretty much wasted space.
Mixed and matched rose cups and dishes - $.50 here and there. Grandma's elephants and a $2 shabby pink shelf - all look new to me after digging them out of the stuff I've squirreled away!Two weeks ago I saw this intriguing topiary and had to try it! I just love it! Even the boy liked the fuzziness of it and could not believe I made it from an old sweater! That is a real compliment because he is not impressed by home decor!!!
It was so fun to make! Thanks again to Leigh for hosting Thrifty Thursday each week! I look forward to collecting new ideas like this one!

5 comments:
Oh! Those suitcases are adorable! Love the spring colors. I'm with ya on the whole spring cleaning thing. That was my goal for this week since Will's out of town & I feel like I haven't really accomplished anything!! I still have 2 more days so maybe I'll be more productive tomorrow! lol
Oh my god - your suitcases! Divine! Love them. Want them!
I love those suitcases!
LOVE your style! And you too, my friend! LOVe those suitcases, really there isnt anything that I do not like. Thanks for linking up to Thrifty Thursday this week! Hope you have had a chance to enter the giveaway.
Oh, got an email from your sweet momma...and I am going to resond to her directly, but tell her I havent forgotten ab her...I will be emailing her very soon. So sweet!
Have a wonderful weekend.
HUGS!
Leigh
Tales from Bloggeritaville
www.lbratina.blogspot.com
I love all that you have done. I especially love the topiary. I tried to imagine it but to see for real is a treat. So clever. As I said earlier, eggs are in the mail.
xxoo Lil
Post a Comment