We drove north to Pigeon Forge on Wednesday. Traffic was bad and it took a looooonnnggg time!
We stayed in a cute cabin on the top of a mountain. It had all the comforts of home plus a few extras! A big chair next to the fireplace for Eli....
And a soft couch for Bitsey.....
A loft for the Boy...
With a pool table!
The Pugs thought we had lost our minds, but they adjusted to the change! They really didn't like to go outside. They were happy to sit by the fire and they got the rare treat of sleeping with us at night!
The cabin was hanging of the side of the mountain -near the top! This is the driveway and road.....
Much too narrow for me!!!But, I did like the hot tub on the deck- as long as I kept my eyes closed so I could not tell how far down the drop off was!
We had Thanksgiving dinner at the Dixie Stampede, which was great. You have to eat with your hands! A whole chicken, pork roast, baked potato, corn on the cob, vegetable soup, garlic/cheese rolls, and apple turnovers!
On Friday we went to some outlets- it was very crowded!
I loved the blue trees at The Christmas Place!
The boy got a BB gun at Knifeworks.And yes....we bought one pair and got two free!


My cowboys!

8 comments:
hey!..you were up here!! Looks like you all enjoyed yourselves. I agree about the cabins. Some are just scarey high in places. I just close my eyes. eeek!
Nothing like the Great Smokey Mountains!!!
We take a trip up about every three years. Fall 2010 - here we come!
Looks like you had fun. Love the cabin.
Rhonda
What is not to love about the cabin and the hills. Love the boots. I cannot imagine eating all of that food with your hands --- even the soup ??? Next time, drive 4 more hours and come see me.
xxoo Lilly
The cabin looks great. I bet that hot tub was really nice!!
that cabin looks amazing! we are looking to buy a mountain house and it will be just like that - hanging off the side of the mountain...also, i heart me some cowboy boots.
sounds like a true get-a-way...and truly relaxing, too...the hot tub would have been my favorite part, as well as the outlets!!
Look like a blast! LOVE your boots!
I love the Smokies!! My daughter and I stayed at a cabin called "A Smokin' View" for Easter/07.. we brought the snow and cold with us from Canada.. lol. I had no idea what a switchback was but I learned quickly! It was a bit scary but I got used to it. Can't wait to go back to Pigeon Forge.. it was such a fun place.. thanks for the walk down memory lane!
Post a Comment